I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis in December 2008. This is my blog about my life living with the roller-coaster world of MS with a little humor and advice thrown in!

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Decisions, Decisions



Well,  the FDA approved MS modifying drug Teriflunomide (Aubagio) which is one my neurologist wants me to consider next to Gilenya.   Hmmmmm, decisions, decisions.   I am thrilled to get off injections but there is much to research as far as side effects with these two oral disease modyfying MS drugs. 

My top concerns are the heart slowing effects of Teriflunomide.  You have to monitered for 6 hours upon taking the first dose.   And then you have to be monitered monthly with blood work.   Hmmmm

Gilenya has a side effect of hair loss.   As a woman that can be a crucial choice.  It's not like I have thick locks falling to my waist but I'm used to what I have and don't want any less of it....

And after reading up on both meds their side effects are actually quite similar.   I didn't experience these type of side effects with Copaxone Injections.   So it looks like I have another decision to make.  Gahhhh  I hate that!

Luckily it is the weekend and again like Scarlett, "Ill think about it another day"


Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks!!