I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis in December 2008. This is my blog about my life living with the roller-coaster world of MS with a little humor and advice thrown in!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Feeling Good


Shingles are feeling much better.  ( or as my girlfriends are calling me "herpes gal"  (that just sounds ewwwww and is so not connected to the "bad" herpes!!)I was fortunate to only have a light case.  Or the long term pain meds are working better than I thought!!    Ironically, this is the 2nd case I've had since being off Copaxone (MS disease modifying med)  Hmmmmmm......Coincidence? I think not.   Still hanging on for BG-12.  But, if it gets pushed back much longer I will have to consider alternative oral meds.

Taking care of yourself physically when you have MS is just as important as the emotional care you need.  Eating right, getting enough sleep and rest as well as  exercising to your capabilities will keep your body fit and hopefully stave off any bugs or viruses that might come your way.  I work with kids so even though I try to be extra careful that one little bug will sneak up on you.  

So, especially with flu season on it's way, take care of yourself!  MS is bad enough without adding boring stuff like colds, viruses, and (cough) shingles.


Also,  try concentrating on the days you feel good.  Some months it's nice to add up more feel good days than crummy MS days.    I have to stop and do that sometimes when my friend MS tries to take over my whole days and weeks.  Not going to happen.

Have a phenomenal week!!