I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis in December 2008. This is my blog about my life living with the roller-coaster world of MS with a little humor and advice thrown in!

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Cold Snap

I just came home from sunny warm Florida this weekend to an unexpected cold snap in the old Tennessee Valley.   Brrrrrr.  Not a fan.

I know heat aggravates most MS'ers but cold weather is my personal nemesis. It makes my muscles tighten and makes my body hurt.  Like brittle snap hurt.

So, fall/winter are not my fav seasons physically.  Luckily with my shiny new attitude this week (I'm sure will be gone by Friday)  I am taking a couple of hot yoga classes which really make my muscles smile and then it's couch/resty time (curse you fatigue) with my favorite heating blanket and Netflix.

I know this is only the beginning of cold weather but I will do everything not to let it touch me.  And if I look like a layered bag lady then so be it.            

After my diagnosis 5 years ago  MS has been a re-learning of my own body. MY body. My own body that I knew so well.  And now I don't.  

But that's ok.  I'm getting the hang of the "new" me.  I don't try and push through the pain, fatigue, numbness.  It will only bite me in the ass and put me in bed for days.   I store up my energy.  Use it when it is most important.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks!!