I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis in December 2008. This is my blog about my life living with the roller-coaster world of MS with a little humor and advice thrown in!

Saturday, March 16, 2013

What If?


I hope everyone enjoyed their MS Awareness Week!!!  My guys are so sweet they wore MS T-shirts and orange ribbons to school and work this week. 

  Getting information on MS "out there" is one of the reasons that we have made such progress in the last 10 years on research and disease modifying drugs for Multiple Sclerosis.  

I usually take this time and concentrate on updating my MS blogs, profiles, and getting together either online or in person with fellow MS patients.  I am an advocate and MS Peer with the National MS Society. I also love our local MS Chapters Walk and I work on that.  

But, like some of you as much as I love my work with supporting MS I get a little down this time of year.  I feel more exposed with my personal diagnosis with MS and feel uncomfortable with the attention. There are a lot of people in my life that have no idea that I have MS.  It's not that I'm withholding that information it's just that it doesn't come up. 

  Then there is the added stress of worrying more this time of year with "I wonder how I will be next year?" or "How much longer til my next flare up?", "Will I need a wheelchair in my lifetime?"  Especially when I am in contact with fellow patients who are already experiencing these things.

So, I kind of have to kick myself and get over it.   It's normal to feel this way and with all the kick ass new meds on the horizon hopefully these questions for all of us will be no or never.

Have a fabulous week!!



1 comment:

  1. I must get some orange clothes (well, maybe not pants) so I can support MS Awareness Week next year. Too bad MS got stuck with the color orange. I mean, about 2 people in the world look good in orange, and I'm not one of them!!

    Yay on the MS meds coming out. Fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Thanks!!