I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis in December 2008. This is my blog about my life living with the roller-coaster world of MS with a little humor and advice thrown in!

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

MS vs The Common Cold

I have been feeling amazing lately.  Physically.  Yeah, you heard me.  No fatigue fog (sucks, sucks, sucks) No cognitive issues.  (well, no more than my normal ditzy self) No bad numbness creeping down the side of my body and sending me into a panic attack (hate those)


Multiple Sclerosis

Multiple Sclerosis
Nothing.  Except a common cold.   Seriously???   I feel great and you throw me a freakin cold????   I don't have time for that shit.  I really don't.   And it's the first day of winter break.  A day I love.  The high fiving with the teen boyos when I pick them up from exams.  The dramatic turning off the alarm for next 3 weeks ritual.   Watching old Christmas movies. Drinking hot cocoa.  Not getting dressed......   You get my picture.

It's rather humorous.   You throw me MS.  Give me symptoms and issues all the time at the drop of a hat.  Then out of the blue you make me feel great.  And boom the next morning you give me a cold.    

The ugly red nose, snuffling, Vicks Vapor Rub smelling kind of cold. 

But,  I still feel better than MS makes me.  So take that MS.   :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks!!