I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis in December 2008. This is my blog about my life living with the roller-coaster world of MS with a little humor and advice thrown in!

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Holiday Fatigue



Holidays are definitely here!   I had every intention of going shopping all day yesterday.  Have been feeling great and was ready to roll.  Somewhere between coffee and shower  that sleepy fatigue slipped in.  You know the one.  That walking and thinking in mud kind.   Seriously??  I had plans!!!  

Well, best laid plans and all that.   Sometimes MS symptoms bring everything to a grinding halt.   Sometimes the fatigue sticks around for days. Other times it's fleeting.  Lucky for me it cleared up just in time to head to a Christmas function.  But, there have been many times where it doesn't give you that respite.  

Today, I stayed in my jammies and did a ton of Christmas shopping online.  (Thank you Amazon!)  I showed that MS b%$## that I'm still in charge. So there!! And if she even dreams of making me miss my baby #2 baritone boy sing in his choir concert tonight  I will again prevail and show her she will never win with me.  :) 

Seriously though,  it's best to ALWAYS be prepared for whatever symptom flies your way.  Take it in stride. Modify what you need and keep going.   Live your life to the fullest.   You won't regret it.