I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis in December 2008. This is my blog about my life living with the roller-coaster world of MS with a little humor and advice thrown in!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What's Another Birthday


Well, another birthday is here.  Birthdays as far as birthdays go don't bother me. I just let them float on by and feel unchanged from year to year.  I'm really not into age issues.  And if someone wants to acknowledge it that's fine. For the last few years birthdays are a frame of time for me to judge how my MS is doing since my last birthday. 


I sat down today and reflected on this fall, past summer, spring, winter and how I felt.  And too be honest it's been a pretty good year.  Winter was kind of a bummer along with spring with normal ailments ie. colds, allergies.  But, as far as MS symptoms go it wasn't horrible.  Or maybe this is my first whole year to deal with the symptoms and keep going or know when it's time to rest and not push it.    Hmmmmm.  I had bouts with fatigue worse than ever and numbness along with muscle spasms.  But, with medication, support and exercise it didn't make me panic as much and worry about future flare-ups.  Interesting. 

So, I'm good. I'm still walking, talking and being me.  Bring on the birthday cake.   I'm ready to celebrate!