I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis in December 2008. This is my blog about my life living with the roller-coaster world of MS with a little humor and advice thrown in!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Getting your mind off MS and more on You


Well, you would think with all my laying around after falling a week ago I could post something!   Nah,  Seems I spent the week reading, watching tv and  well, nothing.   The nice part about it was having all that pain in my rear (literally) kept my mind off my dear friend MS.   Actually quite nice not noticing the numbness, fatigue and other little MS reminders this week.   My focus was keeping my poor back and bottom in a comfy position which is harder than I realized!   Rolling over every night in bed guaranteed a nice ouchie wake up. 

Looking back over the last week I realize again, for me that having something else to deal with can help your mind stay occupied on other things.   Now, I know that's just for the little MS reminders. (That's what my Neuro told me a couple of weeks he calls them)   When the biggies happen there is no ignoring them.   But, I have decided on days when I don't work and am feeling good to make good use of that time.  I have charted out a list of projects from painting a bathroom to cleaning my teenagers closets (gahhhh).  There are always something to do and I have decided to not make excuses and do them. (fun or not) 

Holidays are around the corner and it's always fun to spruce up your home inside or out with some holiday spirit.  I'm a Halloween nut so I am all about spooky and spiderwebs!
Keep going and try to avoid that "I have MS" rut.   I know it first hand.  Even on decent days sometimes it can bring you down.   My goal is that when people see me I am cheerful, smiling and with my known sarcastic wit.    As you all know when an MS flare up rears it's ugly head it's hard to keep that cheery demeanor.  But, when you can do it!  Always!!!   


Well, reading all this sounds kind of chipper and annoying for me but it's true.   I hope everyone has a fabulous week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks!!