I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis in December 2008. This is my blog about my life living with the roller-coaster world of MS with a little humor and advice thrown in!

Saturday, September 8, 2012

MRI Fun


So it's that time of year.  The dreaded annual MRI.  This will determine for me if I will be ditzy and loopy and unsteady  for the next year or if Copaxone has put a damper on any new lesions.   It could go either way.
My husband says who can tell??  "Your loopy and ditzy anyway"     True.   It's nice to have an option like a disease to blame it on!  


My neurologist is fabulous.  We love him so we drive 2 hours bi-yearly for my visits.   This visit includes the MRI so off we go at 6am.     Arrive on time (yay)  and walk into a freakishly cold yet humid waiting room.  Bizarre.  After filling out my forms there was a wet film on my skin.    Ugh.  And my Dr. appt hairdo (you know what I mean)  is toast.   I have been to this facility before and usually the experience is friendly and speedy.   Hmmmm not today.   After a 30 minute wait I get called back.   After another 30 minute wait I finally get in MRI machine.  All the while I keep mentioning I have a Dr appt shortly.  

Did I mention my non friendly nurse/tech person????   I hop onto the FREEZING table and have to ask for a blanket.  (usually a warmed one is waiting for you)    With very little talking I am strapped in and off we go for 20 minutes of clanking, boinging, annoying noises.    I'm then pulled out to get dye injection.   Here's  where the fun begins.    The nurse person asks which arm is better???    Um, I've had both used so I would prefer a professional answer that one.     After using the rubber band tourniquet from hell (which has grabbed every hair on my arm)  Jab number 1.   "Oops, nothing there"   Seriously?  Felt like she was going for bone marrow.  Then the slapping begins. Not gently taps to get a vein up but an all out girl slap on both arms and both hands.  She slapped my hand so hard my back arched up off table and she asked "does your back hurt"?    No, but you slapping the shit out of the top of my hand does.    (All in my head of course)   Jab number 2   "I think I got it"


After all that  ( I have the bruises on my hands to prove it)   My Dr. called and said we would have to reschedule because he had a flight somewhere .   Freaking great.   Another drive to Nashville next week all due to the Imaging place.   Oh, well.  Do I really want to know what's on that disk in my purse???    YES!!! 

Update on this next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks!!