I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis in December 2008. This is my blog about my life living with the roller-coaster world of MS with a little humor and advice thrown in!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fall Relief


I used to regard fall as an unwanted prelude to my least favorite season winter. But, in the last few years thanks to my relentless and annoying friend MS I have found relief in the coolness of the season.  I was a summer gal through and through.  Bring on the heat.  Now my body says no!  bring on the cool balm of fall.   Hmmmmmm,  never thought I would feel that way.   For those of you who suffer with MS "fatigue" (such a lame word for what it really feels like huh?) knows with the heat and humidity of summer that fatigue can put you down.  I mean down.  Walking through quicksand down.  Gotta lay down anywhere down. Can't think straight down.   Worrying that MS has finally gotten the upper hand down.  But, I've noticed with the falling temps I feel renewed.  My thoughts seem clearer. I'm able to be outside without suffering.  Nice. 

 Now I appreciate fall.  For making me feel like I'm not always feeling bad. For letting me know it gets better.  For giving me a break of the plateful of symptoms down to just a few.   Hey, what's a little numbness and tingling?? 

So with that I say welcome fall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks!!