I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis in December 2008. This is my blog about my life living with the roller-coaster world of MS with a little humor and advice thrown in!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Mermaid In Me



So much for me posting more frequently huh??!!!   LOL   I have an honest "excuse".   My oldest son Cory is coming home today for 3 weeks!!  He is in the Navy and we have not seen him (other than Skype) for over a year and a half.  :(   So, between getting all my Christmas stuff packed back up, getting the house guest ready and trying to keep my MS calm ( that makes sense doesn't it?)I have been a blogger slacker!   

To all of you that know me or read this you know I am a Yoga nut.  It calms the mind as well as keeping those muscles warm and stretched.  Well, this week is the last week of vacation for my teenager boys.  We got a wild hair and starting swimming at the YMCA every afternoon.  We love love love the water but have not really thought about swimming in January!   I had no idea they would like it so much  and even asked every day if we are going.   Talk about soothing and relaxing!!!   The water was 87 degrees.  Yummy!   We have stayed no less than 2 hours each day.   My muscles and mind felt great!  Plus, my boys acted like toddlers and we laughed and laughed......Perfect combination!

So,  if you have the chance go do a little swimming at your local Y or gym.  Heated water makes those muscles fluid and I don't know about you but pretending I'm a mermaid makes me feel fun and  carefree.   (Mmmmmm, carefree....doesn't that sound lovely!?)