I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis in December 2008. This is my blog about my life living with the roller-coaster world of MS with a little humor and advice thrown in!

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Tecfidera at Two Months


I have been so bad in the blogging department lately huh?!!  

Well, it's been roughly 2 months since I started on Tecfidera (BG-12) and I can honestly say it's been great.   Great in the sense that it's just a pill. Great in the sense that the side effects have been minimal at best.   A little flushing or itching is all.  And that has been rare so far.  

 I guess that's why I've been lax in the blogging department.   I'm finally back on an MS med which gives peace of mind if not physical relief.   (Only the next MRI will be able to tell that)  Plus, without the shots and side effects I feel like a normal me again.  It (MS) just isn't on my mind 24/7 like before.   I mean, I still have days of numbness, cognitive issues, anxiety, muscle spasms among other things.  But, they are becoming second nature and I don't stress nearly as much when I have them as they used to.

Summer has been full of baseball, pool time, reading etc.  Other than the humidity that can lay me flat it has been exactly that.  Another summer. Another fun filled time with my family. 

Get in tune with your body.  So long as a flare-up (exacerbation)  is not coming on then try to ignore those pesky other symptoms that like to annoy you and try to ruin your day.  Don't let them.  Live your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks!!