I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis in December 2008. This is my blog about my life living with the roller-coaster world of MS with a little humor and advice thrown in!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

MRI time, Brain Fog, Fatigue

Only 10 more days til MRI time.    I always am nervous and excited for these.  Excited to see if my disease modifying meds are working and nervous about wondering if I'll have 20 additonal lesions on my brain (oh my).

Nothing to do but keep moving forward.  Hey, maybe that's why the MS Society keeps saying that!   Stay positive.   Well, as much as you can.

I have had the worst brain fog, fatigue lately.  For days I wake up feeling like I never slept and sleeping again within 2 hours.  Then getting sleepy again in afternoon and having a 3 hr nap.   My name's not Rip Van Winkle.  I wanna stay awake and not be foggy!   Much to do!  My neurologist has put me on a vitamin supplement (whose name now eludes me but it begins with a C....) to help combat fatigue and fog.  I've only been on it a week but don't think it's working since I can't remember the name of it.  And yes, the kitchen seems miles away to go look at the name!

My only advice on fatigue and brain fog (from experience)  is don't try and fight it.  Or work through it.  Most of the time for me it makes it worse.   If I just relax and let it take it's course I find that if I do that I am able to do my most important tasks of the day.  Maybe in small increments but I'm still able to do them.  

Good Luck and I hope you have a fatigue and fog free day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks!!