I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis in December 2008. This is my blog about my life living with the roller-coaster world of MS with a little humor and advice thrown in!

Monday, August 13, 2012

Welcome!!


Hi!  Welcome to My Fab Life with MS blog!   I figured since I blog all day in my head basically that it might be good to free up some space!!  My name is Teresa Hermann and I was diagnosed in 2008 with Remitting-Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis.  My left side from my forehead to the tips of my fingers went completely numb and my husband and I thought it was a stroke.  I was so unbelievably fortunate to get a Dr. in the ER who ruled out a stroke but was determined to pursue the symptoms.  Within a week he had an appointment for me with Dr. Harold Moses at Vanderbilt MS Center in Nashville.  Within 2 months of my symptoms and numerous tests later (the lumbar puncture wasn't so bad!!)  I was diagnosed with MS.  I have heard of people suffering for years before they find out they have MS so I consider myself blessed to find out so quickly!!   After going backwards through symptoms and years past I am thinking I have had it since my mid 30's.  Of course that is just a guess.   I have been on Copaxone injections for 3 1/2 years and I have an MRI coming up in a few weeks so I am anxious to see how it's doing.   This summer was rather difficult.  I have found the true meaning of "MS Fatigue"  Wow.  Not fun.  And have had balance and numbness issues for last month.  After the first year of diagnosis being terrified of a life in a wheel chair I have figured out (somewhat) what to do to head off or help symptoms.  I also have most importantly cut out the majority of my stress by simply not surrounding myself with negative thoughts or people and working hard to not think much about stuff that stresses me.  Hard but worth it!!!   I also am now a Online Peer for newly diagnosed MS patients through the National MS Society which helps me know that I'm not alone!!   With all that being said, Welcome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks!!